Plus: See Why Seniors Face Losing Their
Independence — Without Even Knowing It
You’ve probably heard about dry eye.
But here’s something you probably haven’t heard before: The popular thinking about dry eye is dead wrong.
You see, most people shrug it off as a minor irritant.
Squeeze a few eyedrops into your baby blues or browns and forget about it . . .
Robert Latkany, M.D., hates to hear this.
As founder and director of the Dry Eye Clinic at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, he knows this is exactly the type of thinking that will get you into trouble.
An expert in the condition, Dr. Latkany works tirelessly to educate people about the hazards of dry eye. In fact, he considers it a public health threat.
But it’s stealthy, so it starts off as merely an annoying nuisance.
Your eyes feel dry or tired.
They may sting, burn, or itch on occasion. Or feel crusty or gritty — like something’s in them.
Sometimes they look red, like you were up all night.
And it’s not all about your eyes themselves . . .
Your entire appearance may change. You look at yourself in the mirror and see lines, wrinkles, and bags that were never there before.
Of course, nobody wants that telltale old-eyes look.
But that’s just the cosmetic stuff.
Eventually It Starts to Get More Serious
Over time, your vision could become blurry or may fluctuate. Or you’re more sensitive to light.
Seems like you need a new prescription for your glasses every year. Or you can’t tolerate contacts lenses like you used to.
All these are symptoms of dry eye.
Yet these are just red flags that warn of something even worse . . .
You see, dry eye is a progressive disorder.
The chronic nature of the condition saps your energy. Pain in the eye is pain you cannot escape from. Over time, it can affect your mind, mood, and productivity.
And we’re sure you’d agree . . .
Nobody wants to gradually lose the ability to read, watch TV, use a smartphone, or drive at night.
But if you ignore the problem — or if you put off treatment for too long — that’s exactly where you could find yourself.
In a moment, you’ll discover why seniors have the most risk — and the most to lose. But first, it’s important to know exactly what’s behind dry eye.
Why Dry Eye Is a Crying Shame
Dry eye is known medically as dysfunctional tear syndrome.
That’s because tears (of the onion-peeling kind) are at the crux of the problem.
The tear fluid over your eyes is
just there occasionally — like when you shed tears of grief or joy. It’s an actual film that coats your eye surface and requires constant replenishment.
So what’s the problem?
Well, there are really two key issues with dry eye:
- Your tear film evaporates too quickly
- Too little tear film is produced
In other words, your eyes may lose moisture faster than it can be replaced — or they may not be making enough moisture.
And it’s not an either/or proposition. You could suffer from both issues at the same time — a double whammy.
In case you were wondering, most evidence points to inflammation as the likely trigger causing dry eye disorder . . .
The same inflammatory process that scientists now link to many chronic diseases killing millions of Americans. Conditions like cancer, heart disease, lung disease, and even Alzheimer’s.
These diseases strike hardest at the older population. So perhaps you won’t find this too surprising . . .
Dry Eye Is the Most Common Eye
Complaint of Older Patients
Parasite Party in
If your eyes itch, or you see little crusts of “dandruff” at the base of your eyelashes or in the corner of your eyelids, you could have an infestation of tiny 8-legged parasites known as Demodex mites.
Yes, it’s shocking. But what’s worse, it’s common. In fact, by age 50, 80% of folks carry some of these creepy-crawly hitchhikers. You may have no symptoms at all and still be infested.
Aside from the squeamish factor, when they get out of control, these spider-like parasites cause inflammation and disease in the glands inside your eyelids. This leads to deterioration of your eye’s essential tear film and contributes to dry eye.
Make sure to ask your eye doctor to perform the simple test detailed on page 36 of
The Dry Eye Remedy.
Plus, on the same page, you’ll find an inexpensive home remedy (it’s sold in the health food store). In most cases, it eradicates the little buggers before they can damage your vision.
Dry eye attacks more women than men.
And wallops the most vulnerable population.
The Women’s Health Study estimated that 3.25 million American women 50 and older suffer from clinically significant dry eye disease.
This doesn’t mean men are immune. A separate study found that 1.68 million men age 50-plus suffer from diagnosed dry eye.
And these are just medically reported cases. Millions more suffer without even knowing it’s the culprit.
In fact, Dr. Latkany estimates that dry eye disease affects 30% of American adults.
Why are these numbers so high?
Well, many risk factors make you more vulnerable to dry eye:
As you’ve seen, age is the No. 1 factor — and one you can’t escape.
What other factors could put you in jeopardy?
- Women in menopause are a high-risk group due to hormonal changes affecting the eye
- History of laser eye surgery, cataract surgery, or cosmetic eye surgery
- Too much screen time with your computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Certain prescription and over-the-counter drugs: antihistamines, antidepressants, blood pressure drugs, decongestants, drugs for enlarged prostate, and others
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, rosacea, shingles, Lyme disease, Sjogren’s syndrome, and many others
- Wearing eye makeup (particles of makeup can irritate the delicate film over the eye)
- Poor dietary intake of essential fatty acids (omega-3 oils)
There Is No Cure for Dry Eye Disease — But There Is Relief
It’s true. No cure exists (as yet) for dry eye.
That’s the bad news . . .
Fortunately, Dr. Latkany has researched — and treated thousands of patients with — the many options available for dealing with the disorder.
And to help more people, he’s put everything he knows into his new book
The Dry Eye Remedy: The Complete Guide to Restoring the Health and Beauty of Your Eyes.
Not a dry eye in the house.
Keeping your eyes as healthy and youthful-looking as possible.
And because dry eye is such an under-recognized public health threat to vision and independence (especially in the older population), Newsmax Health has arranged a special offer.
You can claim a FREE COPY of this $15.95 book right now (just cover a small $4.95 shipping charge).
This 218-page book is a practical toolkit for healthy eyes and clear vision, especially as you grow older.
Inside the pages of your complimentary copy of
The Dry Eye Remedy,
you will discover:
- Simple adjustments you can make in your environment — home, office, even your car — that offer substantial relief
- How to find the right medical practitioner to treat your dry eye (and avoid some of the dry eye treatment “mills” popping up, which may not give you the personalized care you need)
- A close examination of medications and nutrients for dry eye — those that help and those that could do you harm
- New state-of-the-art interventions to treat the disorder, including hormone therapy, punctal plugs (small devices inserted into tear ducts to block excess drainage), and other procedures, including surgery for severe cases
- Resources you can turn to for more information and direct help with your dry eye disorder
So much is included in this book, it would take all day to cover it.
Here’s a small sample of what you’ll discover:
- Dr. Latkany’s simple “TNT test” that will instantly assess your risk of medically serious dry eye . . .
- Got rabbit eyes? Many people suffer from this “bunny sleep syndrome,” which can injure the delicate protective film over the eyes (plus, find a surefire way to know if you have gone down this particular rabbit hole) . . .
- How having houseplants can help your eyes feel better . . .
- This 5-minute “Home Eye Spa” ritual relieves eye discomfort by cleaning the eyes and unclogging glands that affect your tear film. Plus, it offers several minutes of delightful relaxation and stress relief (and it’s cheap — you don’t need to pay those ridiculous spa prices) . . .
- Why you must check the label for these two words on any artificial tear drops you’re considering (do this before you buy, because this noxious ingredient could make your dry eye worse) . . .
- For those who want to go “all-natural,” make sure you heed these 3 warnings before using any homeopathic or holistic eye remedies . . .
- Are you blinking enough to keep your eyes moist? Easily check your own “blink rate” at home (see how you stack up compared to those with healthy eyes) . . .
- 3 reasons not to rely on common blood vessel-constricting drops to “get the red out” . . .
- And much, much more . . .
In Addition to Your FREE Book, You
Will Also Receive a Healthy Bonus
Newsmax Health will also send you three trial issues of
Dr. David Brownstein’s Natural Way to Health
as a bonus — plus 90 full days of access to the entire online archives dating back over 10 years!
David Brownstein, M.D., is one of America’s top holistic medical physicians. Over 31,000 happy readers look forward to his monthly newsletter. It’s loaded cover to cover not only with the most recent insights on emerging natural therapies, but also with the best of safe conventional medical care.
Natural Way to Health,
Dr. Brownstein offers you insights about subjects such as:
- The epidemic of thyroid disorders and the importance of iodine . . .
- Prescription and over-the-counter drug dangers . . .
- Secrets to fighting arthritis and autoimmune diseases . . .
- Best ways for men to fix their prostate concerns . . .
- The truth about hormonal imbalance and bioidentical hormones . . .
- Holistic approaches to treating cancer, heart disease, and other major killers . . .
- And much, much more . . .
No matter what health issue you may be coping with, you’ll discover every issue of Dr. Brownstein’s newsletter to be an outstanding source of useful suggestions to help you and your family enjoy a more fun-filled, active, and energetic life.
And remember, you are under NO obligation to continue with
Natural Way to Health.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Find Blessed Relief From Dry Eye Now
No matter whether you’re just in the beginning stages of dry eye . . .
Or you’ve already felt its vexing and miserable symptoms . . .
You can take advantage of this special offer and discover how to stop dry eye in its tracks.
Given how common the problem is (especially for seniors), this is already becoming a very popular offer. Supplies are limited, so please claim your own gift copy of
The Dry Eye Remedy
now, while we still have copies in stock in our warehouse.
Simply click on the link below to get your book.
Remember, the one thing you know for sure by now is this: If you do nothing about this vision-robbing disorder, it
get worse. Now is the time to act.
Please Send My FREE Copy of ‘The Dry
Eye Remedy’ With This Special Offer
YES! I want my own FREE copy of the new book
The Dry Eye Remedy: The Complete Guide to Restoring the Health and Beauty of Your Eyes
by Robert Latkany, M.D. (a $15.95 value). I merely cover a small $4.95 shipping fee. Plus, I also receive a 3-month trial subscription to
Dr. Brownstein’s Natural Way to Health
with 90 days of 24/7 access to the
Natural Way to Health
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sales tax included where applicable. Your trial subscription comes with convenient automatic renewal. At the end of your subscription, we’ll notify you. If you want to keep the publication, do nothing and we’ll renew your subscription using your credit/debit card on file and charge you $54.95 for one year (12 issues) of Dr. Brownstein’s Natural Way to Health and thereafter at the lowest renewal rate then in effect. There is no risk, you can cancel within the first six months for a full refund of the unused portion of your subscription.
Satisfaction Fully Guaranteed!
Your trial subscription is risk-free. You are under NO obligation to continue with
Natural Way to Health.
In fact, regardless of your decision, your book and any newsletter issues you’ve received are yours to keep.